State Bank of India has established SBI Foundation for its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives. SBI Foundation has taken various activities for serving the Society as a part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives. This year (2017-18), SBI Foundation has strategically moved forward to its flagship program “SBI Gram Seva”. SBI Gram Seva program to undertake integrated village development initiatives through Gram Panchayat.
SBI Foundation has started its SBI Gram Seva programme in six states of India with non-governmental organizations. Uttarakhand state is one of six states in India. In Uttarakhand, SBI Foundation, has selected our organization “Sanjeevani” for the implementation of SBI Gram Seva program.
SBI Gram Seva Program is being implemented by Sanjeevani Vikas Evam Jan Kalyan Samiti where the community needs are objectively assessed through “Integrated Community Development Approach” through Gram Panchayat. This program is supported by SBI Foundation.
- To link the specific government schemes/services to each of the activity and to individuals.
- To lay emphasis on digital concept and create awareness about daily usage of online banking services and government schemes and to get other information online.
- Developing the village through holistic intervention for improvement of infrastructure and basic facilities therein.
- To involve the Panchayat Village Self Government in development programmes, and to create environment for participatory efforts by encouraging rural asset creation, community development so that the project achieves the motto of self-sustenance.
Nature and Scope of Work:
1.1. Objectives for Project for which Grant has been provided:
The objective of the project is to have holistic development of villages by intervening through major focus areas like Healthcare, Education, Environment, Livelihood, Women Empowerment and Skill Development through Gram Panchayat. The project will be implemented for a period of 3 years in association with Sanjeevani Vikas Evam Jan Kalyan Samiti. This partnership is for the adoption of 5 villages through Gram Panchayats. The project locations are namely as listed below;
- Promoting education for all in villages
- Environment protection and creation of symbiotic relation.
- To sustain and develop the natural systems of livelihood
- Integration of developmental activities through digitization in Gram Panchayat
- Skill development for all season employment opportunities.
- Improvement of preventive and primary healthcare in villages.
1.2 Scope of work for Sanjeevani Vikas Evam Jan Kalyan Samiti:
The Scope of work for Sanjeevani Vikas Evam Jan Kalyan Samiti is to implement the program directly by addressing all major focus areas through the strategy been provided to Sanjeevani Vikas Evam Jan Kalyan Samiti by SBI Foundation. The project will be rolled out in Syaldey block of Almora district in Uttarakhand in the villages as listed below. The main gram panchayat is Nail. Nail gram panchayat share four villages in its gram panchayat.
Sanjeevani Vikas Evam Jan Kalyan Samiti will implement the program and maintain the data of all the project along with beneficiaries who have benefitted from the project. Statistical data will be collected for quantitative results and interviews, observations, testimonials etc. will be collected for qualitative data.
This initiative has been taken to have holistic overall development of villages through Gram Panchayat by implementing SBI Gram Seva project.