SANJEEVANI has been working in partnership with the Government, Corporates and foreign agencies and running nearly about 10 projects every year. So far, we have accomplished 70 long terms projects since inception.
Our foot prints in social development activities have touched the lives of 49000 families (children, women, youth, and men), 49600 farmers covering nearly about 658 Gram Panchayats, and 2480 villages in various districts of Uttarakhand.
Sanjeevani works in all the areas of social development activities and initiatives through our various interventions and thematic areas. Sanjeevani has majorly achieved in community development and rural livelihood in a sustainable manner. We have also equally focused on various other themes like education, health, environment, skill development, water conservation, sanitation, safe drinking water, child protection and others like capacity building of rural women, formation SHG groups, health issues of women & children, child protection, and financial inclusion.
Integrated Rural Development & Achievements
Rural development has been focused through integrated approach through the participation of people. We have collaborated with SBI Foundation as part of CSR initiatives. We have shown great results for the community. Currently, 5 villages are adopted for the integrated development of the villages (health, education, infrastructure development, livelihood, digitalization, skill development, environment activities, linking government schemes etc).
Rural Livelihood Development & Achievements
- We are also continually working on financial literacy campaign in the districts of Uttarakhand to enhance and promote better livelihood.
- In livelihood, we have emphasized modern techniques of agriculture and horticulture, Organic agriculture, cash crops and others. We have collaborated with NABARD, Banks and other financial institutions for business startup initiatives.
- Sanjeevani also works on livelihood option for vulnerable section and persons with disabilities. We have formed 370 community based organization in the Uttarakhand. We also have formed 250 SHG group members for livelihood and small business activities. We have catered the livelihood initiatives to 15000 Families in various trades of farm & non-farm activities.
- Organization imparted 220 Sustainable Livelihood Trainings on various trades of farm and non-farm trades. 4976number of persons have started to earn their livelihood Income.
- Out of which 257 have become Master Trainers and executing their livelihood and working as business entity and at the same time they have started imparting training to others.
- 135 Master trainers have become Resource Person& imparted training in their area and associated with other programmes also.
- We have gone extra mile to expand our horizon by forming 2 Farmers Producers Organizations. Now Farmers have come under formed FPOs umbrella. Farmers have started their sale through FPOs. These new borne FPOs will work as business entity very soon in upcoming time.
- We have converged government schemes and services worth of INR 5.60 crore around covering all our projects and particularly livelihood and integrated rural development.
- Afforestation: A huge plantation has done under Oak Tasar program. The program is being implemented for the upliftment and livelihood creation of tribal families in Bageshwar district.
Skill Development & Achievements
As part of skill development activities, we have provided skills to unemployed/uneducated youth, women and men with various skills in linking them with local skill training academy which is certified by government.
- As livelihood and skill development activities, we have provided skills to unemployed/uneducated youth various skills in linking them with local skill training academy which is certified by government. 1800 youth and women are given various skill training so far.
- A Prerna Center for stitching work has been established under SBI Gram Seva program. This endeavor will open new avenue for rural women in livelihood creation. By the end of March 57 rural women have taken a structured training of stitching.
- Bee Keeping training (15 Nos.), Backyard Poultry training (35 Nos.), Goat rearing training (35 Nos.)have imparted throughout the year. After the training, participants have started their enterprises. Slowly and gradually they are enhancing their business.
- In the past, in association with Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi, we have accomplished the program in imparting the knowledge on science and technology in the government schools. We also organized national Science congress program to facilitate this program. There were nearly about 1500 students participated in these initiatives.
- In education, we are currently working on Community Based Inclusive Development Initiatives (Persons with Disabilities). The objectiveis to increase accessibility to education for children with disabilities; developing communities for inclusion and provision of specific services for persons with disabilities where required.
- Sanjeevani established one school namely Rajput Convent School in Present context, class LKG to class 8th is running in the school. The main objective of the school is to impart a good and modern education to local kids in reasonable prices with modern techniques.
- We have focused on the Computer education, smart education and remedial classes of village kids and students under SBI Gram Seva.5 Computer classes, 5 smart classes and 5 Remedial classes from Primary level to Intermediate has been organized through the year in SBI Gram Seva intervention area.
- 4 students got scholarship under SBI Gram Sevaprogramme in various activities namely education, Sports& cultural activities. Per year each student received the scholarship amount ofINR. 20,000.00.One of the scholarship children along with their team received 1st prize in cultural activities at EGAAS Mahotsav in District Pauri.
- Shiv Nadar Foundation and HCL has signed an MoU with Sanjeevani for VidyaGyan Program. Meritorious students from rural and urban, economically underprivileged communities who fulfill the eligibility criteria at VidyGyan-one of India’s top residential schools established under the aegis of Shiv Nadar Foundation and HCL. With this initial step, 6 children have selected in VIDYGyan school campus.
Health, Hygiene and Sanitation
Sanjeevani has undertaken various projects in health care initiatives which are briefed as listed below:
- We have worked with Jal SansthanRanikhet for total Sanitation Campaign Project. The main aim of the programme is to make hundred per cent sanitation in targeted gram panchayats. After getting hundred per cent sanitation there was a provision for getting Nirmal Gram Award. We made two grampanchyat Nirmal Gram. One Gram Panchayat is Dalmori from Development Block Bhikyasen and another ChekKelani from Syaldey development block. Both gram panchayats already awarded with Nirmal Gram Award by then Hon. President of India.
- We also have undertaken sanitation project supported by World bank through the State of Uttarakhand. The programme indicates for Uttarakhand Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project.
- We have worked on AIDS and HIV intervention in association Uttarakhand State AIDS Contorl Society Dehradun. Sanjeevani” has worked as a partner NGO in Bageshwar district exclusively on Female Sex Workers for 3 years.
- Sanjeevani has worked on tuberculosis awareness and testing of patients in partnership with RNTCP (Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme) is the second largest national programme in the country.
- We have organized a Pre-Conception-Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Workshop in Vikas Bhawan Hall, District Bageshwar in association with Garuda Advertisement Agency New Delhi for the district level workshop. The programme was funded and guided by Directorate of Health and Family Welfare, Uttarakhand Government.
- Organization has renovated one Health Centre in SBI Gram Seva intervention area and made functional non-functional health center. And startedone baby delivery Centre in association with District Health Department. A great boom is seeing after the reopening of Baby Delivery Centre. In this year, around 42 baby delivery took place where 4 baby deliveries are from other villages also. Indeed, it’s a good sign to the area. 9 Health Campaigns has organized in this financial year.
- Sanjeevani social workers motivated 20 persons for the construction of their toilets.
- Under waste management55 compost pits, vermin compost beds has distributed under PKVY Scheme.
- We have conducted 96 clean up campaigns.
- For the waste decomposition we have distributed 440 dustbins to the villagers under for waste management systems in the villages. Villagers have prepared 7 dumping yards under our supervision.
- Sanjeevani is the partner of Fair Climate Network Bangalore. Fair Climate Network stands for Carbon mitigation project across the country. And our organization has completed Ten thousand house hold survey for the purpose. For the same, Sanjeevani has registered our project from Gold Standard Foundation. In the first phase, we have initiated in the distribution of smokeless woodstove. This project will not only for carbon mitigation but it will also work as pro poor in the basis of carbon credit. We are connected with 1550 HHSs.
- Our organization is a partner organization of CASA. And organization has executed Climate change campaign and Panchyats election campaign with CASA in association of Mountain Collective Forum.
- Our organization has executed Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) in three gram panchayat in Bageshwar under the DFO Office/Member Secretary, IWMP Bageshwar. We have been working on Watershed management program in the hill regions.
Working with Children and Women
- Sanjeevani runs child helpline in collaboration with Childline India Foundation. We are working in the entire districts for child rights and child protection. We have covered 4953 children, 3675 adults and 2100 stakeholders.
- Sanjeevani has been executing The Hunger Projectin development block Takula, district Almora (Uttarakhand).This project aims to support every elected woman representative to be empowered with PRIs fund function and functionaries concept fulfilling life of self-reliance and dignity. We have worked with 51 gram panchayats with 268 Elected Women Representatives.
- Sanjeevani has formed Self Help Groups (SHGs) for women. We have nearly about 250 SHGs.