This programme we have got from CHILDLINE INDIA FOUNDATION. CHILDLINE INDIA FOUNDATION (CIF) is the nodal agency of the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development acting as the parent organization for setting up, managing and monitoring the CHILDLINE 1098 service all over the country. CHILDLINE INDIA FOUNDATION is the sole agency/body responsible for establishing the CHILDLINE service in the cities/districts of the country, monitoring of service delivery and finance, training research and documentation, creating awareness, advocacy as well as resource generation for the service.
CHILDLINE 1098 service is a 24 hour free emergency phone outreach service for children in need of care and protection. CIF undertake replication of CHILDLINE, networking and facilitation, training research and documentation, and Communications and Strategic Initiatives both the national and international level.
This is project supported by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development and linking state Governments, NGOs, bilateral/multilateral agencies and corporate sector. CIF is responsible for the establishment of CHILDLINE centers across the country. CIF also function as a national centre for awareness, advocacy and training on issues related to child protection.
A child-friendly nation that guarantees the rights and protection of all children.
CHILDLINE will reach out to every child in need and ensure their rights and protection through the four Cs,
- CONNECT through technology to reach the ‘last mile’
- CATALYSE systems through active advocacy.
- COLLABORATE through integrated efforts between children, the state, civil society, corporate and community to build a child friendly social order
- COMMUNICATE to make child protection everybody’s priority
Sanjeevani role in CHILDLINE
Sanjeevani has been working in the programme as a ‘Collaborative Organisation’in Almora district of Uttarakhand. Sanjeevani shall functions as the call centers for CHILDLINE. Sanjeevani has been working 24 hour and respond to calls that are received on the 1098 CHILDLINE service. The collaborative organization is provided with a center coordinator who manage a team of 8 person that respond to calls and intervene in emergency cases.
The role and function of CHILDLINE collaborative organization is as under:
- Responding to calls received on the CHILDLINE 1098 on a 24/7 basis.
- City mapping to identify high risk areas where vulnerable children are found
- Intervention and case follow- up on a daily basis.
- Awareness and outreach in the community on a daily basis.
- Monthly open house with children who are users of the CHILDLINE service and to understand issues that concern them
- Internal meetings once a week to discuss cases and follow up.
- Set-up and coordinate activities and meeting of the CHILDLINE Advisory Board in locations where a nodal organization is absent.
Child Protection Issues
- Abuse & Violence
- Child Labour
- Conflict with Law
- Child Marriage
- Without Parental Care
- Street Children
- Birth Registration
- Armed Conflicts
- Drug Abuse
- Girl Child
- HIV – AIDS
- Missing Children