Our organisation “Sanjeevani” is working SWAp program. SWAp program indicates sector wide approach programme. This is world bank aided program. The main objectives of the SWAp program is to improve the effectiveness of Rural Water Supply & Sanitation services through decentralization and increased role of Panchayati Raj Institutions and involvement of local communities in the state of Uttrakhand. The project is also expected to bring associated benefits, including improved health resulting from reduced water- borne diseases, environmental sustainability through protection and management of water catchment areas, time saving in fetching water would enhance the rural population, especially women. The project envisages upgrading no or partial coverage of water supply to full coverage with sustainable services, benefiting at least 1.2 million people, or 20% of the rural population.
The overall objective of the assignment is the conduction of entire planning phase activities in the identified GPs including all its habitations and prepare the implementation phase proposal (IPP) of Water Supply scheme and community development activities (Detailed Project Report (DPR) and Community Action Plan (CAP).
In present time our organization has been working in 160 Gram Pachayat or 400 habitations. There are 20000 people are getting benefited by the program.
Below is our program list –
- Shikhar Public School- Organisation started Shikhar Public School Naula (Development Block-Bhikyasen, Almora district, Uttrakhand) in the year 2001.
- Rajput Convent Kafra- Organisation started Rajput Convent Kafra (Development Block- Dwarhat, Almora district, Uttrakhand) in the year 2003.
The main aim of the both school is to impart modern education through modern techniques in reasonable prices. Poor students and promising buds get free education in the schools.
- Formation of Mahila Mangal Dal- Organisation formed 25 Mahila Mangal Dal for Women empowerment and women education.
- Cultural Festivals- Organisation is often organize cultural festival with folk culture and promising students of the area and representatives get awarded by the organization.
- SGSY- with the direction of DRDA Almora organization has formed 25 Women Self Help Groups. 25 Women Self Help Groups have been financed by the banks and working successfully for income generating activities such as dairy, fisheries, Got keeping and Bee Keeping. This is one step towards women independency.
- Science Project– We have worked as District Convenor Almora district of “Vighyan Chetna Jatha for Himalayan Region” supported by Department of Science & Technology New Delhi. Again in year 2004, we worked as District Convener of Almora District for the programme “ Year of the Scientific Awareness”. In the same year 2003-04, we have worked even as District Coordinator of Almora District for the programme “National Science Congress” catalysed and supported by Department of Science & Technology New Delhi. Under this programme our organization has worked for making the selected area a polythene free Zone, disaster management, women empowerment, eradication of superstitions etc. our organization was even rewareded for this.
- A Step towards JUTE diviersified Products- A training cum production center programme was run in the year 2004-05, at village Bhakura, Development Block- Syalde, District- Almora, Uttrakhand that was supported by National Center For Jute Diversification, Kolkatta, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India. The main aim of the programme was to make people aware of diversified Jute goods in non-jute areas and even to restrict the use of polythene. Polythene, that is not bio degradable has become a big problem is spreading pollution. With the use of jute that is eco friendly and cheap will help to stop pollution and expansion of this programme in non-jute areas. Our aim was even to make jute popular and a means of livelihood for the poor women who participated in this training programme. As the programme run by our organization that was supported by National Center For Jute Diversification was very new to this area, so people accepted it and welcomed this programme whole heartldly. People were happy and satisfied with this programme. During the programme not only selected area but neighbouring area also be effected and benefited with this program.
A Design Development/Dessemination workshop was organized at our organization unit from 26/03/07 to 08/04/2007. Twenty two women participated in this programme. Two skilled Designers from Nataional Institute of Fashion technology New Delhi imparted the training. Fifteen prototype have developed in this workshop by the participants. Prototypes were like this, Tote Bag, Tote Bag (with Embroidery works), Tote Bags (Multi purposes), Bottle Bag, Chain Bag, File Folder, Tote Bag (with lace), School Bag, Mini Ladies purse, Ladies Shoulder Bag, lady party Bag, Shoping bag and Wall hanging. Workshop got highly appreciation from everyone. Almost every participant intends to be entrepreneurs.
Environment Campaign- Our organization has been working for a programme naming “National Environment Awareness Campaign” with the help of Environment & Forest Ministry New Delhi for the last four year. The main aim of the aforesaid campaign is to avoid polythene and keep environment free from polythene. It is also a fact that today polythene has taken place in every household.